In 1997 Valerie began using this milk to make homemade cheesecakes for the local country market. Her cheesecakes, made with fresh, simple ingredients, quickly gained popularity and from that small beginning Glenilen Farm began.
What started as a hobby continued to grow, and in doing so transformed our small farm into a hive of activity.
Soon we needed a little help keeping up with demand.
Nowadays Rose, Aga, Sebastian, Brendan help us make our products, Frank and Eammon delivery the fruits of their labour up and down the country, while back on the farm Theresa keeps the office going.
Most days Alan can still be found on the farm, with Valerie in the kitchen experimenting with new mouth-watering recipes. There’s never a shortage of willing taste-testers, but she knows that children Sally, Grace and Ben are her toughest audience! Together, Alan, Valerie and Avril manage the business end of things.
We convert all of our milk into delicious products using only the best quality ingredients, reflecting our steadfast belief in the goodness of wholesome, natural food.
All our milk is sourced from Glenilen and neighbouring farms. This milk is the main ingredient in all our products.
For ingredients we can’t supply ourselves, we search for the best quality ingredients from suppliers who care as much about their products as we do about ours. In doing so we ensure that our products are made using the best ingredients available.
All our products contain absolutely no additives or preservatives, for a pure authentic farmhouse taste.
Over the years we have been lucky enough to be awarded for what we love doing:
- SFA National Small Business Awards 2011 - Best Food & Drink Award
- Valerie Kingston - Winner of FBD & Farmers Journal Agri-Business Innovation Award at the Irish Women & Agriculture Awards 2011
- Ulster Bank Business Achievers Award in the Agriculture, Food & Drink Category for Munster 2011
- Bord Bia, The Real Thing, category Food & Drink Industry Award 2007
- Euro-ToquesCavan Crystal Food Award 2007
- Irish Food Writers Guild Award 2006
- Bridgestone Guide, 2005, 2006, 2007
- British Cheese Awards , Gold 2008, (silver) 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002
- SFA National Small Business Awards 2006 (highly commended)
“Alan & Valerie Kingston are people who are producing common things, uncommonly.”
Myrtle Allen, Ballymaloe House
Glenilen Farm - Fit for a Queen
On 18 May, 2011 at the state dinner in Dublin Castle, in honour of the visit of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, a beautiful menu was created with the inclusion of Glenilen Farm’s milk, butter, cream and crème fraiche. We were very honoured to have our products included in the menu
Glenilen products are now available in the UK.
Alan and Valerie Kingston
Telephone: +353 (0) 28 31179